Thursday, August 1, 2013

1 August 2013 Could have slept another half hour


Cassi Creek:  I had an 0800 optometry appointment at Mountain Home today.  Up at 0500 to be there onetime, 0730.  Then I sat and waited until 0900 before being seen.  The good side of the event is that the YAG treatment done last month worked well.  VA owes me another pair of glasses.  I was hoping for cable earpieces but no such animal available in the optical shop.

          The Tennessee Veterans’ affairs office has no more information about the processing of my Agent Orange claim than I have been able to garner.  Very frustrating as it is now 11 months since I filed that claim and I only know that it remains active but processing. 
          Congressional under-funding for the post-combat care and maintenance of the troops they eagerly shuttled off to war, is frankly at fault for hundreds of thousands of delayed claims. 
          There are sufficient numbers of us with PTSD to demonstrate the results of studied neglect as it has been applied to u, that Congress should get their heads out of their asses and fund health care and other compensation for vet.


No comments:

Post a Comment