Wednesday, July 31, 2013

31 July 2013 Kicking screaming into the present


          Cassi Creek:  “The time has come, the Walrus said to talk of many things.”
          Gloria and I have really never found the need to text message anyone.  My first and last texts were read and responded to in Vancouver BC four years ago. 
Part of the reason we avoid such messages is the very real topographical limitation we face when trying to use cellular phones.  Another is the expense.  Since we don’t send or receive text messages, we have no desire to pay for such service.  We don’t have a problem using phones for voice communication.  We don’t send photos back and forth to groups of people.  We don’t feel the need to be in constant touch with peer groups or other numbers of people.  So many of the applications that are considered essential by younger people, and some our age and older, hold no fascination for us.  
          The electricians showed up yesterday to install the pool heater.  The circuits all test out as functional.  However, the gas valve appears to be faulty.  I fielded a phone call this morning asking for serial and part numbers.  These were supposed to be on the exterior.  I went out in the rain, found no exterior label, and took the front cover off to discover some info plates.  I photographed them, using my cell phone, then had to ask for help from an office worker at the electricians office.  I haven’t heard that they arrived.  I haven’t heard that they haven’t arrived. 
          I guess it is time to figure out how to send photos on my android system.  I don’t see that it will be a frequent occurrence.  It may be easier using Google+.  But, again, I don’t use Google+ as a device to maintain the constant cellular communal existence that now seems to be the preferred way of life. 

          More misadventures are sure to follow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment