Sunday, June 10, 2012

10 June 2012 The search for soles goes on



          In an effort to replace my oldest shoes, I continue to butt up against the realities of size/color vs. availability.  The range between 12 and 13 U.S. sizes is, apparently, unoccupied by any creature not found in the lexicon of mythological beasts of prey. 
          For some reason, the manufacturers have colluded in producing only black/black shoes in that range.  While there are several known photographs of Jerry Garcia wearing shorts, white socks, and black running shoes, Gloria reminds me that I lack his talent and other aspects that might cause others to overlook emulating such an image locally. 
          There are reasons that I grew accustomed to wearing combat boots.   They were only available in black or black/OD.   Fashion never reared its ugly visage.
          Tomorrow:  The search runs on, and on, and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment