Tuesday, April 2, 2013

2 April 2013 Born made to wave the flag




“Veterans Fight White House On ‘Especially Absurd’ Cuts To Disability Benefits
WASHINGTON — Veterans groups are rallying to fight any proposal to change disability payments as the federal government attempts to address its long-term debt problem. They say they’ve sacrificed already.
Government benefits are adjusted according to inflation, and President Barack Obama has endorsed using a slightly different measure of inflation to calculate Social Security benefits. Benefits would still grow but at a slower rate.”

Cassi Creek:  The plan to foist the Chained CPI onto the men and women who have paid into the Social Security and Medicare insurance funds from their earliest working days is unconscionable.  Even less justifiable is using it to decrease the amount of compensation paid to disabled veterans.  The current backlog of VA claims to be processed demonstrates one mechanism that is currently delaying care and living expenses for veterans with service connected disabilities.  Reducing the amount of benefits they receive is just another opportunity to balance the budget on the backs of the men and women who have directly served the nation in uniform. 
Two different videos, no further explanation is necessary.

         

“Fortunate Son
Songwriters: JOHN C. FOGERTY
Some folks are born, made to wave the flag, 
Ooh, they're red, white and blue.
 
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",
 
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,
 


It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.
 
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,
Some folks are born silver spoon in hand, 
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
 
But when the taxman comes to the door,
 
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,
 

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.
 
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.
 

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
 
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
 
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
 
Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,
 

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.
 
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.
 
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
 
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no,
http://www.burstbeacon.com/view/107184/56091/216012/556061/3744/CA5B4AA4/18i1knh13t94kg/

Fortunate Son lyrics © CONCORD MUSIC GROUP, INC

No comments:

Post a Comment