Thursday, September 27, 2012

27 September 2012 Things that go by in the dark of night



          Gloria snores gently once in a while.  I rather enjoy hearing it dark.  She tells me that I snore loudly enough that when I first moved in with her, she used to wear earplugs. Despite my snoring, we've managed nearly 20 years together, so far, and anticipate many more.
          Now I’m apparently talking in my sleep.  Gloria says most of it is unintelligible, but the random work may be discerned.  She says that I laugh while falling asleep.  Last week she told me that I was yelling, “En Francais!”  I have no idea what prompted that demand. 
          Yesterday morning, at 0520, I took Loki out to get the newspaper.  Walking back from the road I could hear a screech owl calling from the south end of our property.  Last night around 0200 I woke up to hear Loki growling and muttering.  Shortly after that, I heard a pack of coyotes attacking something and then fighting for the remnants. 
          It is pretty much a quiet place to live as long as I’m not taking part in a dream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment