Monday, December 2, 2013

2 December 2013 Gore-Tex morning


Cassi Creek:         The alarm, annoying and inevitable pulled me into sufficient consciousness that I could hear rain.  My immediate response was to slap the snooze button and hope that it would still be raining when the bonus time expired.  It was, but I shoved myself into vertical and staggered into the day.  B
          By the time I headed out for the hike with Mike, there was only slight mist and drizzle.  I was layered up under the new, replacement, shell parka and it kept me dry and warm.  I need to adjust the hood so that it doesn’t fall over my face.  Other than that, I’m happy with it.  I liked the configuration on the old Mt. Guide Parka better – pass through pockets can be quite helpful.  However, that model is long gone, Bean was nice enough to replace it and I can live with this new piece of gear. 
          There is hope and reason to believe that the work needed to get the house into more marketable condition will begin before  long.  Weather has not been conducive to some of the chores.  Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment