Sunday, August 19, 2012

19 August 2012 Waiting on the ACME anvil to drop



          Cassi Creek:  I managed to sleep in yesterday and today; not crawling out until 0800.   This later turnout was quite welcome.  
          Because I have no desire to be seen releasing trapped raccoons in a local church parking lot while the members are conducting services, we set no traps last night.   This morning I was surprised to see a coyote loping through the yard from the road to the creek in back.  It appeared to be a young adult in good condition.  It vanished into the brush and then came back out to investigate the latest raccoon trap site. 
          I’ve often heard coyotes in the local area.  This is the closest I’ve come to a face-to-face encounter.
          Coyotes are supposed to be anathema to raccoons, coyote urine being sold as a substance useful for raccoon area denial.  I’m reluctant to use concentrated coyote urine.  We don’t really want to attract a pack or to become a territorial conflict area.  On the other hand, I’m tired of hosting the raccoon gaze that currently thinks we intend to feed and house it. 
          The nearest “ACME” pest control service is located in Memphis, TN>

No comments:

Post a Comment