Wednesday, February 20, 2013

20 February 2013 In the backwoods of Fenario



          “The wolves are running round…” 
Cassi Creek: 
          No wolves in this valley.  Once in a while when I take Loki out for her late evening comfort run, I’ll hear coyotes far off in the distance.  More frequently, I hear one of the screech owls that reside in the upper end of our property.  On a rare night, I may even see one of the owls.  Amazing, how quietly they fly.  We have a bat house up in the trees but it seems to be unused by all appearances. 
          The winter storm season seems to be hanging on.  The spring storm pattern is firming up.  It may be a bad spring for severe weather. 
          Spent the morning doing our income taxes.  It is so much easier with on-line software and e-filing. 
          The forecast calls for a low temperature in the teens tonight.  The wood stove is cleaned and reloaded.  I’ll light it about 1700-1730 and then tend it all evening.  I’ve hauled in about 75 pounds of wood this morning.  I’ll probably bring in another 50 or so this PM. 
          “The winter was so hard and cold, froze ten feet 'neath the ground.”

No comments:

Post a Comment