Monday, February 13, 2012

13 February 2012 Happy birthday, Gloria


!
Cassi Creek:
          You came into my life at a time when neither you nor I was looking for any involvement.  I was scheduled for job interviews in Alaska in the early months of 1993.  I still carried layers of armor that made human contact unlikely at best. 
          When you should have never looked twice you shoved any angels foolish enough to be hanging around aside and opened your door and your life to me. 
          I recall vividly the thrill of seeing those first photographs of you.  I remember how your smile lit up the entire airline gate on a bleak late autumn day.  I remember how happy everyone was at our wedding! 
          We’ve traveled, danced, and dined.  We’ve endured hurricanes, tornadoes, high water, hot weather, and excessive snow.  We’ve fished, paddled, and you’ve learned to shoot.
          It’s your birthday again.  I’m thrilled to share it with you.  I hope, at day’s end, that you will be happy that we are us.  Always remember, you are the great joy, the great passion, and the great love in my life. Bonne Anee!

No comments:

Post a Comment