Monday, April 11, 2011

In an effort to carry less on campus and to preserve my deteriorating shoulders, I switched from my notebook computer to our net book. The weight is markedly less, the keyboard is manageable, and the working programs are acceptable. What I should have expected, what I encountered as soon as I reached a classroom that had wifi access, is the failure of every computer we've carried on campus to log onto the campus wifi network without letting some 18-year-old gamer prowl through my computer.

I've run through multiple attempts to log on and watched each attempt fail. This means that the building clouds to the southwest will remain a mystery until I can get home and check them on my notebook.

Dinner last night was a London broil rubbed with coffee, cocoa, garlic, chili powder, cinnamon, and black pepper; then grilled over mesquite charcoal. Green beans completed the plate.

Tonight I'm planning on sautéing some shrimp, slicing the leftover London broil, and serving them over rice noodles, julienned carrots, cucumbers, onions, lettuce, and sprouts with a nuoc mam/soya/peanut dressing - Saigon style bun. That is, of course, if the weather holds.

Tomorrow I plan to mow the yard, break in the new mower and beat back the knotweed if possible.

It required a trip to the geek office to have some campus wi-fi security feature tripped before I was able to connect the net book on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment