Tuesday, April 5, 2011

5 April 2011 Loose the spring lines on the ark

We logged 2.28 inches of rain between 1900 yesterday and 0700 today. A good portion of this fell during thunderstorms. The dog, never at risk of being selected as a gun dog, showed her displeasure by trying to find increasingly smaller spaces to climb into or crawl under. Most of her efforts resulted our amusement followed by our demands that she remover herself from that location. We turned in early last night. I woke up several times during the night as a new storm bounced thunder off the valley walls. I could hear Loki pacing every time I woke up.

Cassi Creek is doing its best to emulate the Niagara River, slightly upstream of the plunge. The noise from the stream is audible indoors with the air handler blowing.

Tomorrow features a postponed exam in Volcanology. I have to get a few basic concepts regarding falls and flows clear. The terminology of sorting clast sizes is somehow elusive. I know the mechanics but can’t make the firm association that I need to make about object sizes and quality of sorting. So I will focus on that this afternoon.

I’ve done my duty as a citizen this week. I’ve called my Congressperson’s office and told them how despicable it is for Congress to allow millions of people, including troops in combat zones to suffer loss of compensation while Congress can shut down the government and still draw their paychecks.

Dinner tonight, Chili-Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment