Saturday, October 15, 2011

14 October 2011 From Laughlin Hospital ER 1103


            Gloria sliced her left ring finger this morning.  It is a deep, mostly regular laceration that may require 1-3 stitches.  Given the changes in care of minor wounds, it will probably be cleaned and approximated with cyano-acrilate tissue glue. 
            I had one application of C-A on the shelf and suggested that we could glue it at home.   She indicated some numbness distal of the wound, so we packed up and drove to Greeneville.   The professional opinion is that  C-A glue will not suffice.  Stitches are the method of choice today.   The trip was justified.   
            We are scheduled to staff the admission table at a dance tonight.  That means we have to be in Jonesborough at 1800. 
            I was planning to bleach the well this afternoon while the drilling crew from Casey Wells is across the street drilling Daryl’s well.  I would like to have some backup in case there is a problem in the process.  I’m beginning to suspect our refrigerator as the source of the initial contamination. 
            The pharmacy was quick to fill Gloria’s prescriptions for antibiotics.  We returned home at 1300.  We have to leave for Jonesborough at 1715. 
            The Grateful Dead belt buckle I have up for auction on e-bay will finalize tonight.  The item will bring in at least twice what I paid for it by the time all the fees and shipping costs are subtracted.  I’ve also sold one t-shirt this week.  I have several others up for auction.  Here’s hoping they sell.
            Since changing my browser to chrome, I’ve stopped using anti-spyware weekly.  Today’s run shows that I can’t do that.  Back to ruthless elimination of spyware.
Norton Security  suite is supposed to prevent these infestations.  Like all other things Norton, it leaves me wanting a much better program to handle security and infestations.
            The fall allergens, in combination with shoulder, neck, back, and joint pains, are taking their toll.  I’m continually afflicted with nasal and sinus congestion, burning eyes, and unable to find a comfortable position to sit, stand, or recline.  Sleep is becoming a stranger.  I’ve requested a VA consult on the sleep deficit that I’m acquiring.  Like all things VA, Congress can’t be bothered to fund adequate staffing and care for the men and women they send off to dance with high explosives and angry fanatics with rifles, rockets, and detonators.  Thank you, teavangelists!

No comments:

Post a Comment