Wednesday, May 15, 2013

15 May 2013 Reminisce all night long Cassi Creek: Ran across a rare occurrence yesterday. I met a Physical Therapist who very strongly resembles one of the women who did clinical rotations alongside me. In fact, after questioning her origins and comparing a 1972 class photograph, it appears that they are related. This caused me to do something I rarely do, look back at old classes and classmates. I have a PDF copy of that composite class photograph. That I do is also a strange coincidence but more of that later. I’ve never attended a high school reunion of my graduating class, and most likely will never attend one. I doubt that there is sufficient reason or interest in staging such an event for a 1973 MT class. However, since I received the class photo, I’ve wondered about a few of the classmates I recalled most vividly. There were two males in the class, Charlie Spies and me. Charley was married when the class began and so was I, Both VietNam vets, we’d shared many of the preliminary courses after we returned to campus. Charlie later was divorced from his first wife and married a classmate, Donna Shine. I know that they worked in forensic toxicology but have no idea of their current location. I recall Patty Bax who wanted the top graduating slot. She was an extremely intense young woman, very serious student, and I seem to recall her wearing an NROTC uniform. There were three young women from VietNam, bỏ lỡ Vui, thưa bà Hong, andthưa bà Ha. Ha and Hong were married and were careful to remain circumspect. Vui was not married and I believe enjoyed her time here as much as possible. They were participants in a medical schools exchange program. We sent the Path Dept chair, who returned with some serious parasitic infestations. Pathologist instructors included Dr. Asa Barnes, Dr. Daniel Rosenthal, Dr. Lamont Gaston, and Dr. Wally Rogers. One of the Path residents, a Dr. Vardiman who was a bit stiff in manner, inadvertently loaned his name to a new map projection when he uttered the semi-immortal words, “ If feces were red, the whole world would be pink.” Charlie and I found this too good to pass up. A red and pink Mercator projection soon appeared in the student lab. I’m looking for updates for Linda Allen, Patricia Bax, Angela Carlton, Anne D Declue, Jackie Ellenberger, Deborah Hart, Donna Harrison, Constance Marolf, Valerie Meuller, Virginia Mugford, Shiela Nelson, Bethel Perrin, Donna Shine, Charles Spies, and Shirley Toedebusch. I have a partial location for one of the women in the rotations. The chance that this entry will initiate any further contacts is slim. However, I have the time to write this today. As sung by Trout Fishing in America, “Reminisce all night long, but you can’t get there from here.”


15 May 2013  Reminisce all night long
Cassi Creek:   Ran across a rare occurrence yesterday.  I met a Physical Therapist who very strongly resembles one of the women who did clinical rotations alongside me.  In fact, after questioning her origins and comparing a 1972 class photograph, it appears that they are related. 
          This caused me to do something I rarely do, look back at old classes and classmates.  I have a PDF copy of that composite class photograph.  That I do is also a strange coincidence but more of that later. 
          I’ve never attended a high school reunion of my graduating class, and most likely will never attend one.  I doubt that there is sufficient reason or interest in staging such an event for a 1973 MT class. 
          However, since I received the class photo, I’ve wondered about a few of the classmates I recalled most vividly.  There were two males in the class, Charlie Spies and me.  Charley was married when the class began and so was I, Both VietNam vets, we’d shared many of the preliminary courses after we returned to campus.  Charlie later was divorced from his first wife and married a classmate, Donna Shine.  I know that they worked in forensic toxicology but have no idea of their current location. 
          I recall Patty Bax who wanted the top graduating slot.  She was an extremely intense young woman, very serious student, and I seem to recall her wearing an NROTC uniform. 
          There were three young women from VietNam, b l Vui,  thưa bà Hong, andthưa bà Ha.   Ha and Hong were married and were careful to remain circumspect.  Vui was not married and I believe enjoyed her time here as much as possible.  They were participants in a medical schools exchange program.  We sent the Path Dept chair, who  returned with some serious parasitic infestations. 
          Pathologist instructors included Dr. Asa Barnes, Dr. Daniel Rosenthal, Dr. Lamont Gaston, and Dr. Wally Rogers.  One of the Path residents, a Dr. Vardiman who was a bit stiff in manner, inadvertently loaned his name to a new map projection when he uttered the semi-immortal words, “ If feces were red, the whole world would be pink.”  Charlie and I found this too good to pass up.  A red and pink Mercator projection soon appeared in the student lab. 
          I’m looking for updates for Linda Allen, Patricia Bax, Angela Carlton, Anne D Declue, Jackie Ellenberger, Deborah Hart, Donna Harrison, Constance Marolf, Valerie Meuller, Virginia Mugford, Shiela Nelson, Bethel Perrin, Donna Shine, Charles Spies, and Shirley Toedebusch. 
          I have a partial location for one of the women in the rotations.  The chance that this entry will initiate any further contacts is slim.  However, I have the time to write this today.   If you are one of the people listed above, or know one of them, I'd be happy to provide you or them with a copy of the  photos.  I'd be interested, as well, in any updates and current photos to document 40 years passing. 

          As sung by Trout Fishing in America, 
“Reminisce all night long, but you can’t get there from here.”

James S Lenon  stev.lenon@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment