Thursday, September 29, 2011

29 September 2011 Retraction!


Chag Sameach!
          Once in a while one receives incorrect information.  Such is the case in a post I made on Facebook.  I looked at a chart concerning debt increases under Presidents since Reagan.  The chart fits my political bent.  Without verifying it, I passed it onward. 
          Today, Fact Checker defines this as false.  Rather than compound my error by addressing parts of their response; I offer the link for their review and explanation. 
          I’ll try to avoid repeating the need for retractions.  I’ll acknowledge my error and not dig myself in more deeply in an attempt to hide my error.  I took Bachmann to task over just such an error.  If I’m to continue demanding she and others act responsibly, I must apply the same standards and separate fact from fiction.  Commentary and opinion must be noted as commentary and opinion. 
          Here’s the truth of the matter, as I now understand it to be.
Posted at 06:00 AM ET, 09/29/2011
A bogus chart on Obama and the debt gets a new lease on life

No comments:

Post a Comment