Wednesday, September 21, 2011

21 September 2011 I have no problem with class warfare, if we win



Boehner on Obama debt plan: ‘I don’t think I would describe class warfare as leadership’


House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) sharply criticized President Obama’s deficit-reduction plan Monday, calling the proposal to raise $1.5 trillion in new revenue a failure of leadership.
“I don’t think I would describe class warfare as leadership,” Boehner told Fox Business Network, according to advance excerpts of an interview scheduled to air at 5 p.m. Eastern. “The government has a spending problem, and I don’t believe it makes any sense to tax the people we expect to invest in our economy.”
Cassi Creek:  Thus surfaces the promise that the teavangelists and GOP will make public the ongoing war that they have been waging against the workers of America and the struggling remnants of the former middle class. 

          Boehner acts as if class warfare is a new matter, a new war.  It most certainly is not.   Look back in our history. 
We find class warfare being waged by the robber barons, the oil and steel monopolies, the railroads, cattle and sheep barons, newspaper and film conglomerates, and mining companies. 
          There was open warfare in the opposition to the unionization of American blue-collar workers.  There was open warfare in the opposition to Social Security.   The opposition to a minimum wage and to Medicare and Medicaid were public facets of class warfare. 
          VietNam and all American wars since are glaring examples of class warfare.  Fogarty’s song is widely believed to be about Former VP Al Gore.  While he fits the image most closely, we should not forget the fact that another VP, Dan Quayle used his family’s wealth and connections to avoid any chance of combat.  So did VP Cheney. 
          Essentially, anyone who could afford to stay in school, anyone with a politically connected family did not have to take part in VietNam.  And since all our troops are now volunteers, the fortunate sons and daughters are never going to be in harm’s way.  Congress can allow and/or approve foreign warfare without the risk of losing their offspring to the random bullet or IED. 
          Exporting jobs to third world nations is class warfare against two nations at a time.  Our ruling class has become expert at that maneuver.  
          The efforts to overturn the social safety nets, to eliminate vacations and sick days, to eliminate minimum wage laws, and to end unemployment insurance benefits are all forms of class warfare. 
          The business and financial CEOs and board members,  health insurance executives, and others who provide high dollar funding for re-election campaigns are not going to miss meals, lose homes, or spend months searching for a job that may never exist again.  The politicians are waging war by rigging the election districts in such a manner that the popular vote may never be the actual deciding factor in Presidential elections.  Look at the current scheme taking place in Pennsylvania.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-gop-is-trying-to-rig-the-electoral-college/2011/09/20/gIQA4NFIjK_story.html
         
          There should be no mistake in anyone’s mind.  Boehner knows full well that there is class warfare taking place in every American city and town.  His wailing and weeping about the  hardships of the wealthy if they are handed increased tax rates is frankly bullshit.  The use of the phrase “job-killing” attached to every public utterance is a signal to his faithful that they can blame their own refusal to create jobs on Obama and on the Democrats; even on those few GOP members who might have the balls to spit at Grover Norquist and to tell the teavangelists to read the Constitution that they are trying so hard to overturn. 
          The war is here, it’s ongoing, and it must be won by the people on the left and in the steadily shrinking middle.  Otherwise, we will find ourselves citizens of a nation with no more future than Mexico. 
Fortunate Son – Written by John C Fogarty
Some folks are born made to wave the flag
Ooh, they're red, white and blue
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief"
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

Yeah!
Some folks are born silver spoon in hand
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh
But when the taxman comes to the door
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no

No comments:

Post a Comment