Monday, June 13, 2011

13 June 2011 Different day same contentment


            Today is Monday.  I managed to sleep until 0645 before the need for analgesia demanded feet on the floor.
            The trip to the mailbox for the morning newspaper was made in light mist and fog that made all the shades of green around me seem fresh and vibrant.  The newspaper was there, not a certainty lately.  Loki behaved well. 
            All the hardware came up smoothly this morning.  The cable-feed dropped out about 0730 but dropped back in within five minutes. 
            We don’t have to go anywhere today although I have a VA optometry appointment later in the month.  I took an afternoon appointment, not my preference, because it was all that was available.  I need some new glasses. 
            We’ll fix kim-chi burgers tonight.  I can supplement that with rice or with noodles. 
            Today’s hike with Mike went smoothly.  We disagree vehemently with regard to health care funding and provision.  After living through the S&L rip-offs of the 1980s, he still has some trust in the “private sector.”  I trust it to screw over the average citizen at every opportunity while rewarding itself for discovering still more ways to steal the savings of people who tried to plan and save for retirement.  We throw our positions out and then argue them as we put the two-mile course under our boots.  Neither of us will ever change the other’s opinion, and we realize that.  It makes the road a bit shorter when we are thinking about politics instead of what joint hurts most. 
            Today is Monday.  I woke up next to Gloria.  We’ve been waking up next to each other for 19 years now, approximately 988 Mondays.  That’s a long string of Mondays that begin happily.  I’m pleased to add another to the series.
            Later this month we will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. 
            Before I forget, Pat Adams, thank you again for your role in the play!  You saw the thunderbolt before either of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment