Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1 June 2011 No more clowns need apply


            Today I defer to Jonathan Capehart, writing in the Washington Post.
And, of course, 

Sarah Palin laugh line of the week — so far: ‘It’s not about me’”

By Jonathan Capehart

Van Susteren asked her about all the media fuss around her “Please don’t stop looking at me!” tour. The best-selling author and reality television star who wouldn’t be where she is today were it not for a major assist from the mainstream media declared, “I don't think I owe anything to the mainstream media.” She then justified keeping her itinerary secret, saying, “I want them to have to do a little bit of work on a tour like this.” But the best part was when she said, “[I]t’s not about me, it’s not a publicity-seeking tour.. . .”
            Obviously, in Palin world, the homecoming queen slot is still contested.  I never attended a homecoming dance, never voted to select any of the young women I shared classroom space with for a meaningless popularity contest.  Thinking back to the contestants whom I can even recall, I can’t think of any of them who achieved more than dropping out of university in order to reproduce copies of the athletes they shared the spotlight with briefly. 
            Palin has dutifully incubated copies of a local jock but can’t seem to wrap her mind around the fact that there is no national Homecoming Queen.  She didn’t win “Ms Alaska.”  When she somehow won “Ms. Governor”, she found the work too tedious, too unrewarding.  McCain’s people let her behave as if she was still campaigning for beauty queen and the damage has yet to be repaired. 
            Her standard non-campaign speech is very much, what a middle school student would write when forced to participate in the annual VFW/J. Edgar Hoover pseudo-patriotism farce.  She has assembled bits and pieces of other people’s writing and slapped her name on the product.  Not only is it plagiarism, it’ plagiarism of the worst domestic platforms the U.S. has ever enacted. 
            The GOP seems to be terrified of confronting her.  Fortunately, for the nation, most polls show her as non-electable.  While this is only conjecture, I sincerely hope that she continues in pattern and is once again not awarded the tiara.  We need real leaders, not a spoiled middle-school remnant who will focus on revenge rather than reality. 
            Despite the 92-degree heat today, I managed to get the trimming completed.  Along with weed and grass removal I also removed one fully-grown copperhead that was much too close to the house.  Sufficient excitement for the day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment