Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1 September 2010 September and the gene pool is nearly dried up

I broke down and ordered the text for my Art History survey course. $95.00 for a text that I had hoped to be able to avoid buying. But if I am to get the benefit of the class that I hope for, the text may be of necessity. Given the hearing deficit I am dealing with, I am going to need the textual backup.

I thought yesterday about switching to an earlier section of Art-history. This is the early section. The other two are 1900-2100 on Tuesday and Thursday. I have no desire to sit in a crowded auditorium and then drive home in the dark. I guess this one is the lesser evil.

There was a double homicide in Greeneville last month. The presumed perpetrator lives about half a mile down valley. I don’t know him, don’t want to know him, and have no intention of any social interaction with him should our paths cross. Even more disturbing, we hear that he admitted the shootings to our bad neighbor across the road. I don’t care for the implications in that situation.

Is the bad neighbor somehow involved with the guy down valley? Why would anyone admit to killing others in what could well have been casual conversation? What unholy alliance exists, if any, between these two? I prefer to have no interaction with either of them. Neither of them is welcome on our property and as they have no valid reason to set foot on our property I will regard such action as having hostile intent.

Also in the neighborhood, a pickup truck driver ran an SUV off a back road, intentionally hitting it with the pick up until it left the road and rolled over. Two passengers were taken to hospital in critical condition, the SUV driver was killed. The pickup driver has been arrested for hit and run, vehicular homicide, leaving the scene of an injury accident, and a long list of other charges. I have no idea what provoked the attack. I’m willing to bet that it was some trivial incident such as, “he took my girl riding in his truck, “or “He looked at me wrong.” There’s a lot of that attitudinally-driven idiocy around here. Fuel stupidity with alcohol and crystal meth, and new limits of idiocy become reachable.

I’ve been invited to meet with a local Project Healing Waters group. I’ll most likely be given more information tomorrow. Could be interesting as I understand that they have a drift boat. That would open up waters to me that are now not safely accessible. More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment