Saturday, March 6, 2010

6 March 2010 Software updates exchanges and other things dear to Cheney’s mechanical heart.

6 March 2010 Software updates exchanges and other things dear to Cheney’s mechanical heart.


Yesterday I received e-mail from Comcast, our ISP and cable vendor. They wrote to let me and millions of others know that the “free” subscription to McAfee security software which protects my computer will be replaced by Norton security software. I run security software on several computers.

Today’s high point was the discovery that I would no longer need to purchase protection for Gloria’s computers and my old notebook. The low point will come somewhere after I have installed the new Norton software onto all the systems in our home network.

I haven’t used Norton for anything in ten years. It is going to take some re-familiarization time and patience as I relearn its ins and outs.

Tonight, we will man the gate at Jonesborough’s contra dance. Good! I can use the music and a break from “reboot required.”

No comments:

Post a Comment