Wednesday, February 24, 2010

24 February 2010 Bad puppet Leave this town

24 February 2010 Bad puppet Leave this town


“Colorado Springs Censors Puppet Cleavage

Avenue Q debuted on Broadway in 2003 to rave reviews and was a Tony winner three times over: for Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book. The show is scheduled for March 16 and 17 in Colorado Springs, at Pikes Peak Center, as part of the Broadway in Colorado Springs series. And it's already causing controversy.

Lamar Advertising sells space on local bus shelters in Colorado Springs and they rejected the posters advertising Avenue Q. Why? Apparently they find them to be too risqué. Keeping in mind that there are primarily puppets in this show, what would be too sexy for a bus stop? Believe it or not, it's merely a fuzzy pink pair of puppet boobs—or, more accurately, fuzzy pink puppet boob cleavage—that the Lamar folks found offensive. Granted, that fuzzy pink cleavage belongs to character Lucy the Slut, one of Avenue Q's more colorful residents.”

http://carnalnation.com/content/48659/1138/colorado-springs-censors-puppet-cleavage?utm_source=CarnalNation+Daily+Headlines+List&utm_campaign=138b8f43c0-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email



There are many advertisements I would like to see vanish from the airwaves, from newspapers, from websites, and from public transportation. Looking about I see clearly deceptive advertising in every direction I turn. I am bombarded with all manner of offerings via e-mal whenever I log onto the internet.

Someone is eager to increase the size of my genitalia, someone else, a women of some pulchritudinal quality, would like to meet me for joint gratification. Bankers all over Africa want to enrich me for my minimal help in skirting the banking laws of their particular nations. Chiropractors want to cure me of all illnesses know to mankind by means of their off-the-wall theories and “patented cures.” Hackers in Russia and China would like me to give them my pin number, account number, and password in order to test the security of my bank, credit card company, and my ability to detect the trap they have set.

With all these ads and items worthy of censure and elimination the target of the day for Colorado Springs becomes puppet cleavage?

I’m really at a loss for anything to say about that degree of prudishness.

Spring break is now only two weeks away. I haven’t had that sort of time off since 1972. Even then, I worked instead of piling into a motel room with many other people to spend the week in a state of unwashed, constant, inebriation. Spring Break is one of those traditions that should never have been allowed to develop. After two months of extremely easy classes I don’t need a break from study. While it existed as a tradition for the wealthier students when I was young, it was nowhere near the Saturnalia that it has become thanks to booze merchants and television reality programming. Perhaps it is time for the local people who have to clean up after their more affluent guests to say, “No more! Bad students go home!”

One thing’s for certain. Given the lack of participation in my classes a week hitting the books by one’s self would not be a bad thing for all the nice young men and women who believe that they are entitled to “Spring Break.” Someone in the CSI class even had the gall to ask today if the instructor would let them off on Friday before break officially begins. I don’t know what she will do. I’d schedule a mandatory exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment