Saturday, February 13, 2010

13 February 2010 Happy Birthday Gloria

13 February 2010 Happy Birthday Gloria


63 years ago today a young woman was born in Boston.

She has lived in Massachusetts, Maryland, Oregon, Virginia, District of Columbia, and Israel.

When I met her she had returned to Maryland and I was in Missouri after living in Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Colorado.

Each of us has been married prior to meeting each other and becoming a pair. Together we have lived in Maryland, Florida, and now in Tennessee.

She is more widely travelled than I but we have managed some traveling together and that has been quite pleasurable. We’ve traveled together to San Francisco and surrounds, to Orlando, to the Kennedy Space Center, to Los Angeles and surrounds, to Mission San Juan de Capistrano, to Maine, to Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, to Niagara Falls, Ontario, and most recently to Vancouver British Columbia.

There’s no gift I can give her that is suitable. Oh, I’ll try to find something and it will offer her some pleasure. But what do you give someone who convinces you to stop smoking, someone who welcomes you into her life and her world without demanding changes?

Most of all, what do you give someone who makes you happy, someone whom you have come to love like life itself?

So, I’ll tell her that her birthday gift is on the way; I’ll drive her through the snow to dinner and home, and remind her once more that I love her. And next year, I’ll start the whole search for a suitable gift all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment