Tuesday, May 3, 2011

3 May 2011 Where have all the letters gone?

            Among recent events that lead to head scratching and frustration is the case of the disappearing posts. 

            I have been a member/participant on a fly-fishing forum for 7 + years.  I read more than I post, particularly in recent months.  But I am sometimes moved to add a comment to an open thread or open a new thread.  For 7 years, this has posed no problem beyond hand and arm fatigue brought on by excessive posting. 

            In the last few days, post tornadoes, I’ve discovered that I am unable to post to the forum.  My comments appear in typed form on my monitor but the block of text somehow vanishes into the great unknown and does not show up on-line.

            Most likely, the culprit is some sort of privacy or security cookie setting that is unique to IE9, the browser I am using.  I’ve resisted the switch to FireFox so far.  Since most of what I am concerned with is either text or still photographic in nature, the on-line video mania has failed to encourage me to tweak my platform for video. 

            Unfortunately, since I can’t enter text and count on it to show up online, I have no way to work with anyone to resolve the situation.  I’ve run through all my routine cleaning and recuperative routines without any resolution.  I’m going to see what the net book provides in on-line entry. 

            Currently it is 82°F with a forecast low of 41°F tonight.  Today’s hike with Mike took place with 20-30 mph down valley winds, making the return trip, up valley, quite a slog.  We have an 80% probability of rain with thunderstorms imbedded in the front.  Given the wind, rain, and still ongoing clean up after the 27th, 28th; I suspect sleep will be hard to come by this evening for many residents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment