Thursday, May 26, 2011

26 May 2011 No news can be good news


            This morning arrived at 0515.  Unable to get back to sleep, I got up and got dressed. 
            So far, today I’ve taken 5 trips to the mailbox looking for the morning paper.  It arrived at 0930 today.  We’re having a harder and harder time justifying our subscription when it can be late or missing 7 out of 7 days]
Geoffrey Dunn (Author)
            Hike with Mike was uneventful.  I admit to dodging the frequent 2nd Amendment misinformation, claiming that Obama plans to abolish the possession of firearms by some under the radar means.  
            I avoided, also, mentioning my next up non-fiction reading project.  I’m waiting for the library to get The Lies of Sarah Palin: The Untold Story Behind Her Relentless Quest for Power [Dunn). 
            Jack Cafferty mentioned the book yesterday on CNN.  I’m eager to get this one and compare it to the bullshit that will pour out of the “Palin movie.”
            My mother was in Sedalia MO yesterday when two tornados hit.  She returned home with no problems.  Today the line of thunderstorms has moved up against the Appalachians and is currently sliding by about 30 miles to our west.  I expect that to change as the afternoon and evening wear on.  
            Grocery shopping today, pantry refilled.  Spaghetti Bolognese tonight. 
            It is 1515.  I need a nap before dinner and storms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment