Wednesday, March 23, 2011

23 March 2011 Bits and pieces

The morning dog and pony show contained the announcement that Libya’s anti-aircraft capabilities, missile, gun, and radar/commo have been smashed. According to the statement, Libya can no longer mount aerial attacks against it civilian populace.

There are also reports that Libyan ground forces are still actively pursuing and attacking Libyan rebel forces. Khadafy has proclaimed, from the safety of a non-public location that the fighting will continue until the rebel forces are wiped out. He includes non-combatant women and children in the target population.

There has been a bombing in Jerusalem at the central bus station. First reports indicate 25 total casualties with 4 of those seriously injured. As of 0940 EDT, no one has claimed responsibility. Hamas rockets have also hit Ashdod and Ber Sheva. There are some indications that the IDF may be considering another ground action in Gaza. As of 1300 EDT the information out of Israelis still uncertain and confused. The bomb, first of such manner in four years, was apparently attached to a phone booth. No evidence of suicide delivery has been acknowledged.

Elizabeth Taylor is dead. She was 79.

I am now 63 years of age. I am certain that I never imagined myself attaining this age.

Through no effort of my own, I have two sisters and had two brothers, all of them younger than me. Both brothers are dead; one of injuries sustained in an auto accident, the other due to viral infection secondary to complications of multiple sclerosis. I regret not meeting him and am grateful for the time I had with the other.

There is a good chance we will drive over to Greeneville this week for dinner out. Shrimp and grits is beginning to sound good. Alternatively, I may find a recipe and fix that dish at home. Spaghetti Carbonara is also working its way to the top of the menu chain. In close third, Hue style Shrimp, Pork, and Bun salad over rice noodles.

Few of us are privileged to know when the best days of our live occur. I know when they began for me. They began the day I met Gloria and continue unbroken in range. If the weather and my shoulders hold through the weekend I may fish our creek before the knot weed makes access too difficult.

Dinner, tonight, remains to be decided. Simple with minimal prep and attention sounds best.

No comments:

Post a Comment