Wednesday, July 14, 2010

14 July 2010 Don’t cut that cord

14 July 2010 Don’t cut that cord


When I turned off my computer last night I noticed that the battery power indicator was showing 60%. I powered down, thinking it would recharge overnight, what I had intended when I swapped batteries. This morning the battery read 6% and was not charging. I made a rapid sweep of all connections, plugs, etc. It seemed that there was no power being delivered by the AC adapter.

Racing a clock that demanded we leave for Greeneville, I found an HP AC adaptor that fit the female power socket. Magically, all the proper icons lit up and the notebook began to function as designed.

AC adapters, like all computer components, are prohibitively expensive if one wants original factory parts – or factory labels. I found a replacement for my Toshiba this afternoon that will cost me a quarter of what a factory labeled part would cost. Can’t be without a spare working AC power adaptor and cord.

Our friend, David Gans is playing in a band named Rubber Souldiers. He pointed us to three works for their album in production. Do your ears and spirits a favor and visit the link below to hear this marvelous bit of performance. Think Grateful Dead plays Beatles.

It Won't Please Me Long

Norwegian Boy

Here Comes the Sun

http://www.rubbersouldiers.com/studio/

Gloria saw her neurosurgeon this morning. She’s healing well, more rapidly and more completely than he expected. No PT required.

No comments:

Post a Comment