Tuesday, August 30, 2011

30 August 2011broken internal alarm



            Today featured an 0920 orthopedic consult regarding my shoulders.   I set the alarm for 0530, thinking that would provide sufficient time to get organized for my astronomy class that follows the trip to VA.  I woke up at 0430, shoulders aching, and never got back to sleep.
            The short route to Johnson City is closed for bridge replacement.  The trip in now consists of narrow county roads with limited visibility and too much traffic or going into Jonesborough and then over to Johnson City.  I left home at 0800. 
            Traffic was light, the stop lights mostly green, and I pulled into a parking spot at VA at 0850.  By 0905 I was checked in, ane by 0910 in the exam room with a new provider.  He felt that another round of steroid injections would be appropriate.  He did bilateral injections and I was free to wander at 0945.  I took advantage of the location to have the optical shop adjust my latest pair of glasses. 
            By 1045 I was parked on campus.  By 1115 I had retrieved my lab manual from the book store.  Again, expecting trouble over internet wi-fi access, I booted up my laptop and watched it connect without hesitation.  All of my waiting in long lines scenarios have vanished.    I decided against buying fast food.  Hunger will keep me from feeling as sleepy as I might.  I found a mostly shady bench near my classroom and sat through two changes of late teen-aged female students who need remedial English classes rather badly.  This semester short-shorts must be in vogue.
            The classroom I will be in is in use in the period preceding my class, so I won’t be sitting in it and writing if I have time to kill before class. 
            Other than the faulty internal clock, it has been rather a fine day.  Dinner will be pork roast, sweet potatoes, and salad. 
            I haven’t taken the time to go through my political sites today.  So, it would help me greatly if you would take it upon your selves to think unkind, factual, and insulting thoughts about Congressmen Eric Cantor of 7th District Virginia, and Phil Roe, 1st district TN.  Don’t worry about overdoing it, these two deserve all the calumny that we can generate.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment