Tuesday, July 12, 2011

12 July 2011 Google + exposure

    
            This seems to be the next social media package.   Reportedly, it has better and easier security features than Facebook. 
            I really don’t make much use of any of the social networking sites.  I’m not a terribly social creature.  I’m somewhat unwilling to use Twitter or Facebook as they are ultimately intended. 
            After 30 + years of pulling on-call duty, I’m not eager to be in constant contact with work, or damned few people.  I don’t need a group consensus in order to decide what to wear in the morning, where to eat my lunch (or what to eat for lunch) as seems to be the case with the crop of smart-phone addicts who seem to need to be in the group constantly. 
            Among other factors, my own innate levels of suspicion, distrust, and mild paranoia keep me from having any desire to broadcast my location or my intended location.  There are many people in need of money who know what to make of such location announcements. 
            It was a short and unsettled night.  Thunderstorms rolled in and woke us up.  Loki was highly uneasy and kept pacing, looking for a safe location. 
            What happens with Google + remains to be seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment