Thursday, August 26, 2010

26 August 2010 Tool boxes, library, and groceries

That’s today’s mission.

Lowes provided the tool box, for a fee. It also provided paper towels and several Dremel tool parts.

Harbor Freight provided a hammer, two drier vent brushes, and a Digital volt meter that is selling below cost. Makes me wonder if it will detonate upon use or if I will detonate upon using it.

The library received returned books, provided Gloria with several to bring home. I elected to reserve “Winter’s Bone” by Woodrell. I’ve heard several movie reviews and one interview with the author. I generally prefer to read books before seeing a movie related in some manner to the book. Since I know the region the book is about and have survived minimal contact with people who people the book; I don’t want to go near the movie without my own images of the characters and locations firmly in place.

Earth Fare provided several sorts of cheese, salads, dried figs, crystallized ginger and almonds. Yerba Mate, Nan bread, cannoli, and a St. Louis-trimmed slab of spareribs fell into our cart as well. Ingles, provided milk, soy milk, pineapple-orange juice, yogurt, sugar-free cookies, sugar-free brownie mix, langoustines, raw tuna from Indonesia, chuck-eyes, and some cleaning supplies. For our delivery of money in exchange for food, Ingles awarded us $0.10 price reduction/gallon of gasoline, up to 25 gallons. We accepted, gassed up, came home, dragged the dog, and put away all the food.

Dinner tonight will be an adaptation of Shrimp with lemon grass, a VietNamese favorite of mine. I haven’t tried this recipe yet. Dinner will tell. There is always left over burrito filling from last night’s beef & black bean burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment