Friday, November 13, 2009

Helter Skelter Registration or, What lines, I don't see any lines!

At 1400 today it became possible for Gloria and me to register on line for spring semester. Gloria had already talked with the instructor and had no difficulty registering.


I have acknowledgement from the professor teaching History of the Holocaust that he will create a slot for me. I e-mailed him today, asking him to do that. Have not heard back but I’m sure I will. The CSI class also filled up. I’ve e-mailed the instructor, asking for a slot to be opened. I hope he will, can’t say for sure.

Those long lines filled with anxious and disgruntled students don’t exist anymore. They’ve been replaced by a pyramid of people sitting at a terminal and waiting for their turn to register on line. That’s when the campus server tells them that, “the class is not available, start over, wrong or new line.”

So after an afternoon spent prowling through the old student handbook and looking up parking regulations, I wound up at the head of two lines, simultaneously, and was sent back to the bottom of the pyramid. Helter Skelter registration

“When I get to the bottom I go back to the top of the slide

Where I stop and I turn and then I go for a ride

'Til I get to the bottom and I see you again yeh, yeh.”

At least, the company is good, the water is from the faucet, not $2.00 bottles, and I can move around without losing my place in line.

Sunny, today, currently 62°F. We’re going into town tonight. A singer-songwriter, Sonia Rutstein, who may be a cousin to Gloria, is performing at a local venue, “Down Home.” She is from Baltimore, has/may still front a band named “Disappear Fear” She has an interest in world peace, and, if I recall correctly a large following among lesbians of her age. It will be interesting to see if there are any other males in the audience. Or I may be wrong in my recollection of what I’ve previously heard and there may be lots of males there. Either way, we’re hoping Gloria will get a chance to meet her.

Dinner will be something grabbed in Johnson City after a quick trip to Krogers for salads, fruit, and some oatmeal that Gloria likes for breakfast. We can leave all that in the car while we listen to music.

Doc Watson is scheduled to be in town in December. But we’ve seen him recently and we’ve agreed to miss this trip.

The Bradford pear in the back yard is starting to turn red. That’s the last color change we see in our part of the forest.

Gloria had a long talk with our good friend, Anna, last night. We’re glad to hear that some of her problems are resolving. We’d love to have her visit for a while if she can manage the time.

Short entry today.

No comments:

Post a Comment