Wednesday, October 3, 2012

3 October 2012 If we only had a brain…





          Once upon a time, the United States used United States Marines to carry out security duties at embassies, consulates, and other diplomatic facilities.  Today, Marines share security duties with the Diplomat Security Service and with private contractors, better described in many instances, as mercenaries. 
          I’ve been told that the use of mercenaries saves the government money.  I’ve never seen this proven. How many consulates have been damaged or destroyed, how many diplomats injured or killed in order to save money? 
          I find no justification for the use of mercenaries by the U.S. government. 

          Tonight is the first Presidential debate between Obama and Romney.  It will most likely wind up being an attempt to deliver the most “talking points” that the parties wish to shove into the minds of voters.   I do not wish to hear any talking points.   I do not wish to hear any invocation of religious fairies.  I want to hear facts that can be quickly verified by anyone of average intelligence.  I don’t need to hear party flacks and hacks spin the words the candidates use in their responses. 
          Most of all, I want this campaign over and done with the teavangelist/GOP faction spanked soundly and sent back to the nursery to be cured of their greed and bigotry.

No comments:

Post a Comment