Tuesday, May 25, 2010

25 May 2010 High and left

25 May 2010 High and left


Today was spent completing an NRA basic handgun course. Much of it included material I had already studied in other courses, in Boy Scouts, and in the Army. When it comes to firearms and bullets, some repetition doesn’t hurt. Safety procedures and concerns bear repeating. The course went quickly.

I had a chance to shoot an air soft Glock 19 copy, good for training purposes. The rest of the course was shot with pellet pistols and with .22s.

I hadn’t really done any shooting since my cataract surgeries healed. The intra-ocular lens implants leave unable to focus clearly on the front sight. So the next shooting I do will be done wearing my glasses. They may have use for other than night driving. Until then, I’ll have to adjust my stance to avoid hitting high and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment