Saturday, January 9, 2010

9 January 2010 Sure we have a mountain view

Sometimes it gets a bit hard to see it for the tree-covered slopes.


Ca. ¼ inch of granular snow this morning and more evidence of dog v dog hostility. I’m about ready to borrow one of Mike’s pellet guns to chase the offenders back onto their owner’s property.

I downloaded an update to a weather tracking program at about 1100 this morning. At 1700 I think I may have most of the damage repaired. I should always let other proof such things before I apply them on my hardware and data.

I’ve moved about 500 pounds of wood from ground to deck level and about 300 of that into the house to burn tonight and tomorrow.

We’ve been able to see turkeys most of the day. Loki spooked the flock this morning and they took off from our wooded land like they were alert aircraft responding to the signal. It amuses me to watch them take off like that but we don’t want to let Loki make a habit of chasing them. I spooked them this evening when I chose not to wait any longer to bring it more wood. The deck has some very icy spots and I want to be able to see them. Daylight helps.

It’s been a good day. What more can one really need? I’ve reason to be content. And I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment