Sunday, June 20, 2010

20 June 2010 Keep me out of Louisiana

20 June 2010 Keep me out of Louisiana




Today the pool heater is my primary annoyance. The start-up sequence is not hard to follow. The gas supply is adequate, the water is sufficiently clear, I believe, to pass the clarity requirement. I’ve made five attempts to fire up the heater. I’m rewarded, each time, with the sound of the gas control relay closing and a trouble-shooting code IF displayed. IF indicates “ignition failure.” I sort of figured that part out. Tomorrow, I’ll back-flush yet again and try a couple more times before seeking tech support.

The positive side of the problem is that the solar blanket has raised the pool temp to 80°F. Gloria should be able to tolerate that.

In the how stupid can we appear category, CNN reports that the state of Louisiana is trying, yet again, to return our culture to the middle ages, or even further back. It won’t be long until bin Laden might feel at home there. I would love to hear some cafĂ© conversation about this in Europe. Ranks right up there with Palin’s contention that man and dinosaurs shared common time.

Louisiana lawmakers propose prayer to stop oil disaster

http://us.cnn.com/2010/US/06/20/gulf.oil.spill/index.html?hpt=T2

No comments:

Post a Comment